Higher-value projects. Great clients. More impact.
Do you find it difficult to connect with new prospects? Have lots of ‘interesting conversations’ that end up going nowhere? Spend hours writing proposals that disappear into unresponsive black holes?
You’re not alone. Lot’s of consultancy firms tolerate these issues, which prevent growth. They often struggle with business development and finding ways to grow revenues consistently. And, because of time conflicts between delivery and sales, flatline growth and cycles of feast or famine aren’t uncommon.
If that sounds all too familiar, and it’s something you’d like to work on, we probably need to talk. Owners, Partners and Directors of consultancy firms bring me in for business development issues, and when they want to exploit new opportunities.
Sales Review & Roadmap
The sales review and roadmap is where most consultancy firms start. It provides an objective, candid sales performance assessment and recommendations.
- Business development vision.
- Go-to-market position.
- Deployment of resources.
- Message management.
- Referral systems.
- Outreach lead generation systems.
- Sales operations management. (Forecasts, OKRs, tools, compensation.)
- Accountability processes.
- Reporting to monitor / evaluate standards and performance.
- Qualification system and time allocation.
- Deal level value conversations.
- Proposal structures and strategy.
- Pricing and packaging consultancy offers.
- Negotiation, closing, and transition.
Strategy (and plans)
- Where you are with sales today.
- The ideal future. Outcomes you want, at multiple levels, over the next 3-years.
- Motivations for change.
- Challenges, opportunities, and strengths.
- Sales roadmap. How you will achieve the ideal future.
- Target setting and plans.
- Alignment of marketing with sales.
- Team structure and staffing, with appropriate roles and goals.
- Sales process.
- Developing consultancy talent to improve sales performance.
Sales strategy design and execution
- Stay on track quarterly sessions.
- Increate focus. Improve confidence.
- Performance review.
- Injection of fresh ideas.
- Target setting and action plan.
Structured Training Programs
- Prove expertise. Pain-free prospecting for time-starved consultants.
- Optimise resources. Systematically qualifying opportunities.
- Maximise value. Uncovering high-compensation projects with decision makers.
- Effortless closing. Getting commitment for consultancy engagements.
- Increase resilience. Developing the mindset, skills, and habits for sales success.